Friday, November 1, 2013

My Own Genealogical Record

I have boxes of files about our family. I have books about our ancestors. While doing research about our history, I found that some of the stories we'd been told about our family weren't true. I discovered some unlikely twists, and will do my best to clearly describe what I found.

With so much information, so many handwritten memories, and so many documents, it's hard to know where to start so that my children will understand the history of our family. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

For now, I will start with myself--the bare bones record of where I came from, and who I came from, and who came next..

Clair Marie HARRIS

Born on November 11, 1944, daughter of Daniel Lawrence HARRIS and Elva Myrtle CRABTREE, in Trull Hospital, Biddeford, Maine, U.S.

Occupation: Librarian

Education: Bachelor's, University of New Hampshire, 1995; Master's, University of Rhode Island, 2002.

Religion: Presbyterian Sunday Schools; baptized and confirmed Episcopalian [1957]; converted to Catholicism after marriage to William Zarges.

On Feb. 4, 1966, when Clair Marie was 21, she first married James Lee REYNOLDS, son of Herbert REYNOLDS and Mary BUNKER, at the Sunset Wedding Chapel, 2091 West Fourth, Reno, Nevada, U.S. They were divorced.

They had no children.

On Dec. 16, 1972 when Clair Marie was 28, she second married Herman Willem VANDENBOOM, son of H.W.G. VANDENBOOM and Xenobia VAN DEN AUWERA, at West Point Grey Presbyterian Church, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.  Herman was born on May 1, 1948 in The Hague, The Netherlands. They were divorced.

They had the following children:
I. Angelina Maria [Died as an infant]. Born on Aug. 14, 1975 in Willapa Harbor Hospital, South Bend, Washington, U.S. Angelina Maria died on Aug. 15, 1975 en route to hospital in Seattle, Washington, U.S., by ambulance.

II. Benjamin Daniel. Born on July 13, 1976 at Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup, Washington, U.S. Benjamin resides in New York City, New York, U.S.

On Sept. 4, 1981 when Clair Marie was 36, she third married William John ZARGES, Jr., son of William John ZARGES, Sr. and Delia M. MALLOZZI, at Gethsemane Lutheran Church, Tacoma, Washington, U.S. William was born on Dec. 23, 1948 in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S. They reside in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

They had one child:
I. Rebecca Lynn Joy (Adopted) (1978-) Rebecca resides in Manchester, New Hampshire, U.S.

   




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave a comment, be sure to subscribe to follow-ups so that you will be notified of any responses.