Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Santa and Me, Part 3

Well, you've seen Santa terrorizing my tiny little brother-in-law-to-be (see Santa and Me, Part 1 and Part 2). Now it's my turn. Here I am, in one of my mom's spectacular home-sewn coat and hat sets. I might not have been screaming my head off but, believe me, the fear is there under the surface. I am pointing out my parents, in the hope that they will remember to come and get me off. this. man's. lap.


A year or two later, I am still calling out to my parents, with hope and fear and thoughts of abandonment. 

However, I continued to believe in Santa, as this corny staged photo shows. My dad got me to explain to my dog, Pete, how Santa was going to bring the presents to our house--right down the chimney, of course!


Generation after generation, we continue the Santa tradition, and I'll bet you do, too. Here are grandchildren Isabella, Mason, and little Chris. Mason does what all frightened children do--he grabs onto his ears, just in case Santa has thoughts of stealing them away.

Santa terrorizing Mason

3 comments:

  1. It's so nice that you have these photos. I am number six of seven children, and the pictures were few and far between! These are such sweet photos you have, and I think Mason has the right idea...scream it up a little and make sure Santa remembers you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us have the fear factor in our faces when we were little.
    Love your holiday border!
    Regards,
    Theresa (tangled trees)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful photos on his blog. Wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Best wishes. Leovi.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave a comment, be sure to subscribe to follow-ups so that you will be notified of any responses.