Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Progress Report: My Father's Family

When things are quiet here on the Remember blog, that just means that I am spending my time doing research. I have so many new things to report!  I have newly-discovered anecdotal stories about ancestors and some individual and family biographies to share. I'll start with some general progress reports over the next couple of posts. It's time to do some catching up.

First of all, here's what I have right now on my father's family. This is, of course, just the bare outline with some names and dates, but there are more blanks filled in than there were before. I know, there are lots of empty spots, too! 

When I first started this research, I only knew my father's parents names, Albert Harris and  Eva Ellis, and maybe just the first names for her parents. Now, as you see below, I have much more information on my father's grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents (my great great great grandparents!)--at least on his mother's side. 

Even though my Grandfather Albert Harris is still a mystery man, the other side of my father's family tree is getting quite populated. I have more information that can be added for Robert Ellis' ancestors, and I'm sure that I'll be able to find ancestors for Daniel Healey and Elizabeth Redden. That makes a lot of new relatives for the side of the family that I knew little about when I started. 

You can click on the names to see siblings and offspring for any of these people. In the coming weeks, I hope to share some of their stories and information about their surprising (to me) migrations during the years of our country's Westward Expansion.


Harris-838.jpg
Daniel Lawrence Harris
Born 02 Aug 1907
Died 22 Sep 1972
Husband of Marion Emily Foley ancestors descendants
Husband of Elva Myrtle Crabtree ancestors descendants
Father of Joan Patricia Foynesancestors descendantsClair Marie Zarges ancestors descendantsand Jean Lee Harris ancestors
*
Albert Harris ancestors descendants
30 Dec 1884 - abt 1939
*[Paternal Grandfather?]**
*
**
*
*[Paternal Grandmother?]**
*
**
*
*
Eva Josephine Ellis ancestors descendants
abt 14 Sep 1888 - 1943
*
Oscar J. Ellis ancestors descendants
abt 21 Jan 1852 - 22 Nov 1907
*Robert W Ellis ancestors descendants
31 Jul 1821 - 31 Jul 1876
*[Great-Great-Grandfather?]
*[Great-Great-Grandmother?]
*Eleanor Ruth Rankins ancestors descendants
11 May 1822 - 06 Jan 1914
*Joseph P. Rankins ancestors descendants
bef 1801 - abt Apr 1880
*Joanna Perkins ancestors descendants
17 Apr 1798 - Apr 1880
*
Ellen M. Healey ancestors descendants
abt 1869 -
*Daniel Healey ancestors descendants
bef 1850 -
*[Great-Great-Grandfather?]
*[Great-Great-Grandmother?]
*Elizabeth Redden ancestors descendants
bef 1850 -
*[Great-Great-Grandfather?]
*[Great-Great-Grandmother?]

2 comments:

  1. From my sister, Jean: Do you think Daddy was named after one of the Daniel Healey's? There sure are a lot of Oscar J. Ellis's! Is "Rome, Kennebec, Maine" one place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So our Grandmother Eva might have named her son after her grandfather? Makes sense.

    There are Oscar/Eddie brother combinations in two different generations. I've been learning a lot about them lately.

    That means [town of] Rome, [county of] Kennebec, [state of] Maine. Just the genealogy way of speaking.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave a comment, be sure to subscribe to follow-ups so that you will be notified of any responses.